Please note that all payments must be POSTMARKED by the date listed.
|January 2||Invoices for yearly dues and other fees available for current members to review and pay in MemberSplash
2023 Pricing: Annual Membership – $860 | 2023 Annual Assessment – $550 | Total 2023 dues and fees: $1,410
|March 31||Full payment is due. No penalties.
Last day to communicate your intent to sell your Membership with 50% refund of initiation fees.
|April 1||Full Payment Due – $300 penalty issued|
|April 15||Any existing member who has not paid their dues may be subject to having their membership terminated with a vote of 3/4 of the board under (See BYLAWS 2.6.3(c)) Such members shall be given at least one week of notice by the President and/or Membership Director that such a vote shall take place. No refunds for these members shall be given as the period for refunds shall have concluded on March 31st.|
|Opening Day||No use of Club until all Dues & Assessments and any outstanding fees due Club are paid in full.|
|Activities||Dues, assessments, and any other fees must be paid in full before signing up for lessons, teams, or rentals.|
ANY OUTSTANDING INVOICES must be paid in full before use of the club!
DEEP WATER SAFETY POLICY
- In order to swim in the deep end unsupervised, at the lifeguard’s discretion, swimmers must pass the deep water pool test (swim 25 yard without stopping, tread water for one minute).
- At the lifeguard’s discretion, in order to use the diving board, swimmers must: a) pass the pool deep water pool test, b) demonstrate they can jump off the diving board and swim independently to the side of the pool.
- Only swim instructors will be allowed to catch children as they jump off of the diving board.
SHALLOW WATER SAFETY POLICY
- Guards will have the discretion to require a shallow water test if they have concerns about swimmer safety. The test will consist of swimming across the shallow end of the pool without stopping. If the swimmer cannot complete the test, in-water supervision will be required.
All guests must be accompanied by a Klahaya member when using the Club.
- A guest is any non-member who sets foot on Klahaya property for activities, including but not limited to swimming, tennis, sunbathing, picnicking and basketball (see bylaws Article 2 for more detail). Members shall be held responsible for the actions of their guests and must be with their guests while they are using the Klahaya facility.
- Members will be asked to pay for each guest at the front desk when they arrive. Members can purchase guest credits in advance using the Make a Payment link in the Membership menu.
- Entrance to the Club costs $5 per guest, each time they visit the club.
- Groups that include 5-9 guests must make a courtesy call to the pool prior to arriving to ensure there is adequate capacity. Groups of 10 or more should rent the pool (see Pool Rental tab).
NOTE: All guests are required to fill out a liability form prior to entering the club. Liability forms for anyone under 18 must be signed by their legal guardian prior to use of the club.
Nanny / Caregiver Pass – $50
Each year you may add a Nanny/Caregiver guest pass to your membership through our Caregiver Information and Payment Form.
The fee is $50 per person, per year. (*This is subject to change at the discretion of the board at time of annual budgeting.)
A few important things to note:
- Nannies/Caregivers are considered guests of yours and as such you are responsible for their acts and conduct. Members are required to pay all charges and liabilities incurred by their guests.
- Per the guest policy, caregivers will only be allowed entry when accompanied by a member (in this case a member’s child/children under their care).
- At this time, the minimum age for a nanny or caregiver is set to 18 years old. If you have a nanny/caregiver younger than 18 you wish to add, please contact membership explaining the situation.
- At this time, the number of caregivers per account is limited to two (2); again, if you feel you need to add more than two caregivers, please contact membership explaining your situation.
- Nannies/Caregivers will check in at the front desk just as all members do, their photo will be verified, liability waiver confirmed and confirmation that they have member children with them under their care.
- Q: Are grandparents guests or caregivers?
- A: The answer is up to each membership. If you think a grandparent will bring your kids to the club and supervise them more than 5 times per year, it might make more sense for you to list them as a caregiver. If you think they will come with the whole family a few times, then you might choose a guest.
- Q: Grandparents, Au Pairs, and relatives live with us full time so are they members?
- A: Yes, per the bylaws, all persons residing in your house are considered members. Live in additions such as grandparents, babysitters, Au Pairs, etc. can be added yearly as members but must provide Klahaya Membership ([email protected]) with a valid form of verification that they live in the home for example a drivers license, voter registration card, utility bill, etc.
- Q: My grandkids/nieces/nephews/exchange students, etc. live at our house full time in the summer. Can I add them as members or can I register them for teams?
- A: Per the Klahaya Bylaws AND the Greater Seattle Summer Swim League rules, a person who lives in the member home full time for 6 or more consecutive weeks can be considered a houseguest-member and/or register for swim team. We ask that you affirm their eligibility in writing. This needs to be done annually and houseguest-members are cleared from accounts at the end of each season. Contact the Membership Director for more information: [email protected]
- Q: How do I pay for guest passes?
- A: You will be asked to pay by credit card or check at the front desk for your guests when you arrive. You can also pre-load guest script to your account on the Make a Payment page.
- Q: Can my child bring a friend to the club without me?
- A: Yes, provided the child meets the minimum age and supervision requirements and their legal guardian has completed a guest liability waiver on their behalf. Be sure to have guest script on your account or send payment with them.
- Q: How do I add members to my account?
- A: Contact membership and share why circumstances have changed. Membership will review and follow up with next steps.
Morning weekend rentals are from 10:45 to 11:45 am. The facility will be opened at 10:30 AM for any set up that you wish to do. (Please do not arrive earlier than 10:30 AM).
Evening rentals are from 9:00 to 9:45 PM. All members and guests must leave Klahaya by 10:00 PM, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- The lawn is available for your use for 1.5 hours after a morning rental or before an evening rental. Please keep the area clean and put all trash into the provided garbage cans. Barbeques are provided and may be used, please clean grills after use. Grilling utensils can be checked out from the club office.
- The tennis courts are not open to pool rental guests.
- A GROUP consists of at least 1 member and his or her guests.
- Groups that include 5-9 guests (and any number of members) must make a courtesy call to the club to use the pool even if they are not renting the pool.
- Groups that include 10 or more guests (and any number of members) must arrange in advance to rent the pool during closed pool hours. .
- If members are planning a multi-family BBQ and swim party, they must contact the manager before the activity to see if a pool rental will be required.
- School parties are limited to one class of up to 35 children.
- Rental reservations start on opening day with the lottery, but you can reserve a rental anytime during open swim at the front desk.
- Rentals must be paid for at the time of reservation!
The prices are based on total guest count (even if they don’t all swim) as follows. The pool manager reserves the right to adjust the number of guards, and thus the price, according to safety needs.
|Pool Rental Less than 20 (2 guards)||$120.00/hour +taxes and fees|
|Pool Rental 21-50 (3 guards)||$160.00/hour +taxes and Fees|
|Pool Rental 51-75 (4 guards)||$210.00/hour +taxes and Fees|
The following rules have been established in order to ensure a safe, enjoyable experience for all club members and guests.
There is no smoking or alcohol allowed on the property at any time.
- All guests must adhere to the COVID safety protocols in place at the time of the rental.
- The lifeguards are in charge of pool activities. Their instructions and directions must be obeyed.
- Prior to the start of the rental, the lifeguards will go over general pool rules, facility layout, and test the swimmers for swimming ability. In order to enter the deep end of the pool (including use of the diving board), swimmers must pass the swim test. Lifeguards will explain and give the swim test to those interested; the rest of the swim party must remain in the shallow end of the pool.
- An adult must accompany swimmers into the baby pool area; lifeguards are not responsible for this area. The baby pool is for non-swimmers only.
- Large pool toys (mats, loungers, inner tubes) are not allowed. Non-swimmers requiring the use of water wings or other floating devices must be within arm’s reach of an adult at all times.
- An adult pool member must be present during the rental period and take responsibility for all guests, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- No food or glass bottles are allowed on the pool deck.
QUESTIONS: contact Nick Maxwell [email protected] or call (206) 542-3211
In order to run our swim meets, tennis tournaments, the facility and our activities we need everyone’s help. As members, we are all owners of this club and your participation is important. The required hours were calculated based on the number of volunteers needed to support particular programs.
There are three categories of REQUIRED volunteer hours:
- Facilities/Grounds – All Klahaya Families are required to give a minimum of 2 hours per season for basic maintenance and upkeep of the grounds and facility. This includes but is not limited to official work parties.
- Swim Team – If your family has children on the swim team, 6 additional volunteer hours per family are required per season. This includes, but is not limited to swim meet set up, working at swim meets, preparing or working concessions, and swim meet clean up (see Swim Meet Parent Volunteering).
- Tennis Team – If your family has children on the tennis team, 1 additional volunteer hour per family will be required per season.
In September, all volunteer hours not entered by members in the online volunteer reporting form will be billed by bookkeeping at $50.00 per hour.
To make signing up and the tracking of volunteer hours efficient, we use an online volunteer tool to coordinate needs throughout the season. Members are responsible for signing up for volunteer activities AND reporting their hours in the seperate online reporting form tool. You can view volunteer opportunities and/or report your hours here. Signing up to volunteer AND reporting your hours after completion are two seperate tasks.
PLEASE NOTE: It is up to members to report their hours via our online form as specified above, or to provide evidence of completed volunteer hours (via sign up forms, email communications, etc.) It is not the responsibility of the board to track your hours or dig for this evidence.
We encourage all families to volunteer, however, if you would prefer to pay for your volunteer hours up front, please notify bookkeeping at [email protected] for an invoice.
Note: Reimbursement Forms can be found under the REIMBURSEMENT POLICY tab.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
When reimbursing any member of the Board of Directors of Klahaya, the following policy is implemented:
- Treasurer will provide a check not to exceed $500 payable to a board member for obtaining any necessary items/costs for Klahaya;
- Within 48 hours after issuing of the check, the board member must provide the Treasurer all receipts reconciling the total check amount provided; and
- No further checks will be provided until the prior check has been reconciled by the Treasurer.
When reimbursing any Volunteer of Klahaya, the following policy is implemented:
- Volunteer will submit the Klahaya’s Expense Reimbursement Request form with the following or it will be returned:
- Copies ONLY of receipts (no originals); and
- Signature of the Board of Director who authorized these purchase(s)
- The Reimbursement form and receipts may be submitted as follows:
- Email: [email protected]
- Placed in “Mail Box” on wall of Club at Front Desk
- Must be received by Thursdays
- Check will be postmarked on Mondays